Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Taishan…

In between our Guang Zhou visit, we took a 2-hour bus ride to get to my father’s home village in Taishan. Kwun Tau village is about 14 kilometers outside of Taisheng, the capital of Taishan. It’s been 18 years since my father and I have been back…


As part of Chinese tradition, we paid tribute to my grandmother. Baishan is a ceremony where you make offerings to the dead in hopes of bringing good luck to the living. We were able to offer my grandmother a huge pig and a bunch of roasted quails!


Luckily, we were hosted by our relatives who are pig farmers in Taishan! They let us stay in their empty 3-story house that they built to remember their struggle and success. They were so true and honest. I really respect their beautiful way of life!


My dad and I pay tribute.

No comments: